Monday, March 29, 2010

***PhotoStory***

PhotoStory...This was such a big help for one of my students! I have a student who is very impulsive and has a lot of difficulty with transitions. I used the PhotoStory program to give him another type of schedule for his day in my classroom, and we took pictures of him and myself doing activities that we do everyday. I also made a social story for him to look at on his way to school. He has it memorized. When he arrives to school, he immediately goes to our computer station and we watch his PhotoStory picture schedule and label each activity as it shows on the slide. The music I used was for only him. He likes music, where as some students would be very distracted by it. It has helped him start of the day calm as well. As we watch the short 1 min and 30 second PhotoStory, I brush his arms and legs. It is a perfect time for him to calm down before any activities take place. So beneficial!

Resource: http://millie.furman.edu/mll/tutorials/photostory3/index.htm

1 comment: